Archive through November 15, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through November 15, 2010
   By Mark Stephen Kominski on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 06:56 pm: Edit Post

Quiet indeed.

To quote Gary Oldman's Zorg in The Fifth Element, "Let's Change the Beat."

I read 3 sentences of that Waterstones link and decided that I don't want to know any more, accurate or not. Would steal some of the magic, anticipation and, well, ENJOYMENT I get when I read one of these books for the first time.

*Sends virtual coffee to the set-polishing Tale-spinner*

Go Lady Go. ;-)

By Zorana Lewis on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 07:12 pm: Edit Post

Well that's what -I - thought. I only rolled into the page to place my pre-order and got the shock of my life. My point was, is that if it is accurate and those spoilers are true, then it's really a bit beyond the pale for Waterstones to be blaring them out there for all to see. I may have read the teasers and enjoyed them as much as the next WoLaS fan, but it doesn't mean I enjoy the element of surprise and anticipation and having it spoilt like that is a bit depressing. *sigh* I'll just have try and wipe it from my memory.

By Janny Wurts on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 09:19 pm: Edit Post

That stupid teaser...look, do NOT sweat this. If you haven't read it, don't!

If you have, trust me, it won't matter - it's a spark in a gale wind. The actual story cannot be guessed!!! It will still knock your socks off, stand your hair on end, and wring you breathless. Promise. I KNOW. The draft's completed; I have (now) got ten sets through polish, and starting on the 11th. My proof-readers are only behind by a lap because I have not paused to key in the changes.

As to better distribution: DEMAND BY READERS!!!

Howling on my part is action at the wrong end of the pipeline.

Love creates that demand. Enthusiasm catches.

I am busy writing hell-bent for leather; if you want to help, go review the books; go rate them; join in the discussions on GoodReads; replace your most dog-eared copy; tell a friend.

You have a dazzling story coming!!! That is the part I can do; and cross my fingers; and count on lots of luck.

There are bits in this arc opening you will NEVER EVER GUESS. That will warm your heart. That will even thrill you breathless.

And - dare I say it???

The NEXT book, and truly, is gonna raise the bar beyond anything you have EVER seen before....it is the slide into the culmination such as you cannot imagine.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 12:01 pm: Edit Post

I have just taken TIME OUT from working on Initiate's Trial's manuscript polish, and rewritten a blurb to replace that mess online.

It was just sent to my editor in London.

Let's see if a change can't be made. I will post if I get a response...and try to let you know if it is 'safe' to look, if said change gets made...

fingers crossed.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 01:49 pm: Edit Post

The editor in London has responded and promised a change; it MAY TAKE AWHILE to filter through due process.

I've been asked to 'keep an eye' on it and notice if it's changed. If there's anyone who already oopsed into the spoilerific copy who's willing to watch and see if/when the replacement is posted up, that would be a great help. (I don't naturally check Amazon while writing/why this mess got past in the first place.)

I will, again, repost when the descriptive blurb for the book is officially changed.

If there are any other venues besides Amazon, let me know; that is the one that the editor zeroed in on, when I requested the change.