Archive through November 15, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through November 15, 2010
   By Zorana Lewis on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 02:18 pm: Edit Post

First of all, thank you Janny for taking time from the more important business of editing and polishing to actually sort this out. And whilst I will agree that no synopsis will replace actually having and reading the book, it was just a surprise.

As for Amazon, it's also on Waterstones.co.uk as I pointed out in the link; I'll quite happily keep an eye out on them when I'm rolling through and punishing my bank account ordering more books than I have places to keep them. XD

Distribution wise, I guess I'm just at my wits end: I've lent out my copies to try and entice people into picking up the series themselves, so they can actually read the books, or even have a quick skim to see if it's 'their sort of thing' before forking out the cash but I only have so many copies and I'm only one person...perhaps I should buy more and become a one-man Wurtsian Library. Hmm......the possibilities. *sigh* I dunno. I recommend them to anybody and everybody who will listen, buy them as gifts for people and force them to read them(XD).......I guess I just get frustrated when I'm trying to get people to look beyond Tolkien and Twilight and try stuff they might not ordinarily give a second glance, it's just not on the shelves and they lose whatever casual interest they had and I'm back to square one.

By Sleo on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 03:36 pm: Edit Post

I've never had much luck getting people to read things I love. I think my whole family thinks I'm coco and smiles tolerantly and says 'yes, dear'. And I don't have that many friends that read.

By Annette on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 04:44 pm: Edit Post

Actually I did not mind the synopsis, it is only like what we would read on the back of the book to get us excited. Worked on me. Very interesting I found it, should still be plenty of secrets to uncover. Everyone has it now, it has been out for months, mind you will not mind if Janny gives us something new in the next version. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 04:44 pm: Edit Post

Zoranna Lewis, thanks for reminding me that bit is also on Waterstones. I will fire off a note reminding the editor of that.

And thanks for your enthusiasm. It does matter. :-)

By Brian Uri! on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 07:01 pm: Edit Post

I have to admit that I'm one of those people with multiple copies of each book for lending -- I started with the hardbacks, then a set of paperbacks for vacation reading. Of course when the rereleases with the consistent white covers came out, I HAD to get those for the aesthetics of the bookshelf! Now, I'm trying very hard to keep from buying them on my Kindle too.

More embarrassingly, I MAY have bought two copies of the rerelease of Fugitive Prince because the first copy MAY have fallen into the toilet and never recovered :D