Archive through December 30, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through December 30, 2010
   By Janny Wurts on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:35 am: Edit Post

Fine tuning Set 12.

By Sleo on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 11:10 am: Edit Post

Yay! Only two more!

By Annette on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 03:19 am: Edit Post

quote:

By Janny Wurts on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 09:28 am

Brian, some of the hints are in the satellite short stories; SOME.

Could hope some of you would point up some of this stuff in the in depth discussion at GoodReads; which is mostly new readers.

Janny I actually had a question about the Reins of Destiny I might as well ask here. The Kings Glade in Lithmere, did that part of Havish actually have a forest back in third age 5018? Or is this glade unlike some not actually part of a larger forest but hidden else where?

By Annette on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 05:04 pm: Edit Post

Janny gave us some hints last year.

quote:

Here's some hints from past volumes to charge you up, meantime: a quote of Lady Maenalle's. A mayhem scene in Havish. A mystery in the map. A banished grimward...well, I could go on, but that should occupy you for a little bit.

I was just re-reading Curse of the Mistraith again and one quote of Lady Maenalle's stood out.

Maenalle said, "If you want my earnest opinion, there can be no remedy for Etarra except to raze it clean to the ground."

Would explain why Lysaer would need to build a new city. Mind you I would expect the new one to be razed by Seshkrozchiel before we get to the end of the series.

By Brian Uri! on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 07:01 am: Edit Post

I must have missed that thread last year!

The only mysteries I can think of on the map would be the Ettinmere Settlement, another city which is marked with the symbol first mentioned in Stormed Fortress, and the strange central location near Crater Lake that isn't a part of any High Kingdom.