Archive through January 07, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through January 07, 2011
   By Sleo on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:12 am: Edit Post

I'm currently rereading Stormed Fortress with an eye to picking up hints to events to come. So far have found several - One is early in the book about perhaps an impending role for Arithon in dealing with the free wraiths.

And a recent eye-opening realization that Morriel/Selidie was practicing necromancy when she pulled her body switching trick made me wonder if that might be a big element in future books.

By Annette on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 04:50 pm: Edit Post

The clues were actually in this thread Brian, and Janny dropped a few other hints while she was writing. I also think since the armies attention seems to be mainly set on conquering Havish that we might finally find out a bit about the Ettinmere Settlement. Jarde in West Shand was another city that never fell during the rebellion. The area in the middle of the map near Crater Lake we will probably not find out about till the last book, pretty sure it would be a spoiler for the ending of the series. Bet you it starts with A and can easily be confused with Araethura if you are not paying attention. :-)

I think Arithon will leave the Morriel/Selidie problem to resolve itself. Everything bad that happened to her she caused herself trying to cause harm to others. If her ending involves Arithon and the waystone, it seems a possibility she might be undone by her own promise that she made to Elaira.

By Janny Wurts on Friday, January 07, 2011 - 02:53 pm: Edit Post

Status: 12 set is OFFICIALLY polished. I am now keying in the changes for proofing.

Two more to go; only two more sets to go!

By Clansman on Friday, January 07, 2011 - 03:15 pm: Edit Post

*Clansman does a little happy dance* (a warm up for the big happy dance when the final draft is turned in).

Git'r done, Janny! Git'r done!

By John Parsons on Friday, January 07, 2011 - 03:25 pm: Edit Post

Hi Janny,
As we've been kept fully updated with your progress (which is great if a bit like turning the screw of anticipation!!) I've wondered about the actual process of 'polishing'. Do authors normally do as you are doing, or do they have editors to do it for them. Alternatively, is there going to be another stage after your polishing for someone else to further refine the text?
John