Archive through January 20, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through January 20, 2011
   By Annette on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 07:30 am: Edit Post

Thanks Trys, nice to know we might yet get a bigger book. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Monday, January 10, 2011 - 12:38 pm: Edit Post

What Jeff said; also, what determines: whether the NUMBERS SOLD justifies the cost of printing. Shorter books are easier to make the numbers work. Long fat books require more readers.

I won't know what the balance sheet looks like until the moment the editor gets the manuscript. Which I am making lean as possible. Part of the reason I am doing the 'second polish' - Stormed Fortress had to be done twice (by me) while in production, which was INSANE; I am trying to stop that sidestep and do it now.

As for notes on histories past and future of the series time-line: there are FAR MORE than show in the storyline.

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 01:54 pm: Edit Post

Into the final lap; I've keyed in the rough, first pass changes to the last two chapter sets; now to mill them fine.

Not too much longer...

By Annette on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 07:06 pm: Edit Post

Janny are there any plans to do anything special for the hardcover edition? I really liked the extra artwork Meisha Merlin included in their trade paperback and hardcover editions of Traitor's Knot. I have some of the Harper/Voyager hardcovers and was a bit disappointed there were no nice little extras.

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 07:58 pm: Edit Post

Whew, Annette, once I get this monster turned in, I will find out, eh?

It's getting near enough, now, that I can start a 'count down' of pages left to process; since my post at 1:54 today, I've marked up NINE - which leaves - let's see - EXACTLY - 162 pages in manuscript left to mark up...then run backwards, key in, spell check, and proof....it's a race to see if I can DO THIS by the turn of the month...that's pushing very hard...

I will keep y'all posted...