Archive through January 29, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through January 29, 2011
   By Janny Wurts on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 01:37 pm: Edit Post

I don't have a lick of time for should have beens, or pities. :-)

Annette, I try not to focus on stuff like that, it just doesn't help me get on with the job. YOU readers know what is in these books. The rest of the world is free to figure it out.

Come what may, the series will get finished.

By Janny Wurts on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 04:58 pm: Edit Post

In time for the weekend, I have completed the forward run through Chapter Set 13.

This leaves 73 pages to go.

Expect a pause, here, a few days for me to re-run the mark-ups, backwards (catches the odd clutzy phraze, and echoed words/other annoying stupidities) at which point, I key in and spell-check...then it's off to the proofer's.

And one set to go....

By Annette on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 09:38 pm: Edit Post

Thanks for all your hard work Janny. :-)

By Salticidae on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 04:43 am: Edit Post

Hey Janny, I've been getting email updates on my phone...so kinda excited by the double digits, and all that. This would look like getting knocked over in a week or so, at the pace you've been going, and that's extraordinary.

I'll be pre-ordering, for the record. I remember the last book by Ray Feist got leaked out a couple of weeks before it should have, so let's hope that the same thing happens with your book!

By Annette on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 02:38 pm: Edit Post

Since I expect the book will sell out pretty quick, I will pre-order the hardcover version, before it vanishes. Then wait for the mass market paperback to come out to do most of my re-reading. I have trouble reading the larger books, and rarely buy hardcover novels, but having taken a liking to one hardcover version I would really like them all, even if one has to be smaller if I ever manage to get the BCA edition of Stormed Fortress.