Archive through February 06, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 06, 2011
   By Lisa on Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 11:34 pm: Edit Post

Woohoo!!!

By Salticidae on Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 08:15 am: Edit Post

Janny, you're killing me. This is insane. Keep it going please, please, please.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

When I wake up, will it be finished? We can only hope. It's almost time to pre-order.

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 10:27 am: Edit Post

Six about to become FIVE.

Once I get the markups forward, I back-check the pages. This last lot of 73 - will take 3/4 days, maybe less, then 3 odd days to key in/spell check. At that stage, the work goes to proofing.

While the proofers (godsends, all!) go over the last bits for errors that spellcheck misses, I will do my final read of the whole thing.

Then the manuscript GOES IN. I am shooting to be liberated by Valentine's Day....grin.

Once the story is in, it takes me another day or so to polish off the glossary.

Then the graphics and cover art get underway/for completion as the manuscript is in production.

Get the bubbly on ice. Knocking down another milestone - grin.

THANKS for the show of enthusiasm. There have been months where it's felt like watching a glacier melt; over the course of LONG days, just like this 'realtime' countdown. When you see the story, and discussion opens, we can talk about why this one had to be handled with such cotton pickin' meticulous care.

By Sleo on Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 10:32 am: Edit Post

Oh boy! Can hardly wait!

By bookwurm on Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 02:27 pm: Edit Post

Janny, it seems a lifetime ago that I was sitting on the train travelling to work in the City with CotM in my hands. A copy bought on its FIRST publication date. That copy is wrapped in brown parcel wrap as it's falling apart but I have a new copy for re-reading. I am as excited waiting for IT as I was waiting for SoM all those years ago. I've never moaned about the waiting for the writing of each book - they are always worth it and so much more. I don't suppose I shall be the only one with tears in my eyes when I have my copy of Song of the Mysteries but until then I am thoroughly enjoying the journey you are taking me on.