Archive through February 07, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 07, 2011
   By Zorana Lewis on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 02:04 pm: Edit Post

I guess I must have been hiding under a rock, because I did indeed miss the news that prints were available! What amazing news! Where do we order them from - I did look at the 'Prints' section of the Collectors Corner but there wasn't anything there.

By Hunter on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 02:41 pm: Edit Post

A painting of Seshkrozchiel re-Creating reality around Scarpdale would be pretty amazing..

It could be a representation of Arithon with his memory stripped fighting the wraiths - an avant-garde white on white painting (it would be quick to paint!)

The book is entitled Initiate's Trial. Who might be the initiate? US Traitor's Knot had both Arithon and Davien on the cover - who was the Traitor? - so perhaps this cover will depict the Initiate.. Elaira? Arithon's daughter? If Selidie/Morriel has called in the debt from the Fellowship concerning kingdom of Rathain and there's a scion of Rathain wandering around, I would expect Elaira to be in the mix somewhere. Also assuming the novel is set a century or two after the events of Stormed Fortress, this would be an appropriate span of time for Elaira to move from novice enchantress.. perhaps to Fellowship initiate and free from the Koriani.. :-)

By Clansman on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 02:47 pm: Edit Post

Knowing Janny as we do, Hunter, thinkest thou that it might be appropriate to expect a double, or even triple (verily, quadruple!?!) entendre in the title of that pending tome?

By John Parsons on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 03:46 pm: Edit Post

Hunter said

quote:

The book is entitled Initiate's Trial. Who might be the initiate?

From sneek peek number 3:
"Dakar ranged eastward, his pace steady until after moonset, when the need to use refined vision to see wore down his initiate’s reserves"

A picture of Dakar would be interesting to say the least!

John

By Janny Wurts on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 04:01 pm: Edit Post

Prints/color: range from 50 to over 130 bucks for art paper/full size (the cover paintings are 36 INCHES wide) PLUS postage.

The maps range a little lower, depending if you want black and white or sepia/art paper or poster paper/what size. The full size map, art paper is $100/postage added on top.

To get one, for now (I'm not organized) e mail me and say what you want: photo paper/acid free or fine art paper (nicer) - and if you want larger, smaller or medium size. I'll fill in details from there/figure what postage to your locale. Method of payment can vary - paypal/check/whatever.