Archive through February 07, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 07, 2011
   By Janny Wurts on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 04:02 pm: Edit Post

Prints/color: range from 50 to 130 bucks for art paper/full size (the cover paintings are 36 INCHES wide) PLUS postage.

The maps range a little lower, depending if you want black and white or sepia/art paper or poster paper/what size. The full size map, art paper is $100/postage added on top.

To get one, for now (I'm not organized) e mail me and say what you want: photo paper/acid free or fine art paper (nicer) - and if you want larger, smaller or medium size. I'll fill in details from there/figure what postage to your locale. Method of payment can vary - paypal/check/whatever.

By Annette on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 04:48 pm: Edit Post

Janny if we order the map now, would it be the final one, would the mystery in the middle of the map have a name? Which cover images are available as prints and how big are they, I also was watching the collector's corner so had not realised we could get prints yet. Can we get Exiles Return as a print, it was used as a cover in Germany. :-)

It would be pretty expensive to send anything out this way, I was going to wait and and see if you had time to do the extra cover, and get everything in one order. But might change my mind, my birthday is in August, so could be tempted.

I actually thought the initiate the title might be referring to would be Arithon's daughter, or maybe Lirenda or Elaira or all three knowing Janny. It could even be Arithon, although I would think he is getting sick of trials by now, but there is still that execution to come. Janny said no cliff hangers which makes me happy, I would hate to have to wait for the next book to see how Arithon manages to survive that experience.

Now Dakar as an initiate would be a trial, but to someone else, did he perhaps have to undergo some test to become an initiate? I do not think Elaira is ever going to ask to be freed from her Koriani vows, the strange behaviour of her personal crystal and a throw away comment by a sorcerer(big hint) seem to indicate Elaira will remain Koriani.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 04:48 pm: Edit Post

Happy dance - back check is done for Main 14 (the first 38 pages of 73) and when my brain rolls over and does the dying cockroach twitch, I will start keying in the finalized changes (tonight)....

By PurplePenny on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 05:30 pm: Edit Post

Hi Janny, your Off the Shelf interview is on the Radio Riel website now.
Direct link to mp3

By Trys on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 05:52 pm: Edit Post

Annette, given that the map has changed with each successive book coming out I would guess that this version would not be the final map. But Janny will have to confirm. :-)