Archive through February 07, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 07, 2011
   By Janny Wurts on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 08:03 pm: Edit Post

Annette, the map is current to the publication of Initiate's Trial...I update at each volume. I MAY have that other painting done by August - shall see what the schedule bears.

PurplePenny - thanks for posting the interview link - they'd asked to check for typos; didn't know it was final, yet. GOOD!

By Hunter on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 08:28 pm: Edit Post

I wonder if we'll ever see a Seventh Age map?

By Chana on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 10:36 pm: Edit Post

I joined the chat in the middle and don't understand how the chapter sets and editing work.
can you please explain it to me?

By Janny Wurts on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 11:15 pm: Edit Post

I go through it in order and mark all the changes.

Then I back check - take the marked pages and look them over in backwards order (breaks up the story so I see repeat words, awkward phrases, see the back end first, so 'finish' fatigue doesn't blunt my eye)

Then I key in the changes.

Then spell check.

Then the finished chapter goes to proofing.

When all the sets are through proofing, I look over the Whole Book (fast pass, last pass) just to look for typos, gaffes (2 days, tops) THEN IT GOES IN.

I now have 35 pages to back check (fast, one/two days) and I'm half keyed in 14 main set (20 pages of 38).

that is the current status.

I EXPECT to turn in within 7 days, give or take a day or two.

The FINISH PARTY starts when I turn in.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 11:17 pm: Edit Post

Forgot: 14 set is THE END. So this is the last bit.

Hunter: 7th Age Map!!! ::Smack::

Make this a mega best seller, pal, and I'll do you one AFTER Song of the Mysteries is released. (you want all the spoilers, Ever, in one sheet???)