Archive through February 08, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 08, 2011
   By Konran on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 01:26 am: Edit Post

T_T I would LOVE a framed print of some of those cover pictures or a map on my wall. Maybe if this ArtFire thing takes off and I ever have any money to spend...

By bookwurm on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 12:40 pm: Edit Post

I wonder, Janny, on the extremely rare occasion (currently non-existent, of course) when you've got a cuppa in your hand and you take a moment to look at the horizon beyond Song of the Mysteries what do you see?

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 01:30 pm: Edit Post

Bookwurm,

There is a list of about 14 novels I want to write, each one passionately. Some are already started as fragments/standalones. And several short fiction pieces. I think I listed what was rolling around, somewhere on this chat. Anyone recall?

There are one or two things related to Athera.

Have to see what flies when we get there/how well loved the series is at that point, AND, what works with whatever editor is willing to tune in/what grabs my heart, first.

By Annette on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 03:15 pm: Edit Post

I remember voting for an Atheran compendium with lots of artwork, but several of the others I would have liked almost as much. The list was hiding over in The Cycle of Fire - General Discussion: General Info section

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

quote:

Oh, yes! definitely I have plans for other projects after Wars of Light and Shadow. In fact, I made a list of them about a month back, and it numbered 14 books (oh my!)

This was done as a frustration pastiche - that the polish on Initiate's Trial is nearly done...but I want it off, now, and there's a bit to go, yet.

That I DID indulge in one little stand alone, To Ride Hell's Chasm, and it (sometimes) infuriated series readers (how dare I!) As far as Athera spin-offs, well - this depends of course on what happens when the series is all done. I do have SHORT fiction ideas in play already; some are written or in progress.

So: first the last two volumes of the series get finished; then we see where we stand, but here is the range of things I have in mind to choose from:

The List:

A second short story collection. (material mostly written)

A maritime fantasy novel, standalone (3 chapters written, very FUN, wanna do it next)

Starhope is still on there (may the audio book do well enough to spur interest in that series/full outline/first scene complete)

First Contact SF - Athera (no title, just concept, first scene and rough ideas)

A crossover book that would span 2 worlds: Earth, another, and faerie realm. (opening scene done/outlined)

A fantasy duology.
(very detailed outline)

A stand alone fantasy with a concept never seen.
(opening scenes written, crude outline)

Another stand alone fantasy novel with a concept never seen. (opening scene written, very crude outline, still under idea construction)

Another stand alone fantasy novel with a legendary sorta feel. (opening scene written/this would be short, maybe YA)

Atheran Compendium - artwork and shorts.

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 04:22 pm: Edit Post

Thanks, Annette.

Now it's all key in the LAST set's changes for spellcheck and proofing....a chunk of that will get done today.