Archive through February 09, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 09, 2011
   By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 10:18 am: Edit Post

bookwurm, no worries on missing a post when this chat has THOUSANDS...I'd have redone the list on request except for being in Turn In Frenzy.

Atheran Compendium - done, the instant I have a contract....getting the contract - shall see...

Annette - yup, checking for any missed errors, and picking through to be SURE I caught everything as far as story detail. Sometimes tests won't see shading that has to do with the future. Those things go in with a very fine touch. Not much, I think I caught everything, but given it's an arc start, I have to be SURE.

Gunning to turn in on Friday - get ready to party.

Laneth - you told me when you did. ;)

By Clansman on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 11:02 am: Edit Post

Laneth, your a hardcore Atheran, to be sure...

By Konran on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 03:59 pm: Edit Post

Looking forward to Friday then! :-)

Laneth, you're a more dedicated fan than I, it seems :P I might name my cat or something accordingly (not having any children) but not myself!

By Laneth Sffarlenn on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 04:05 pm: Edit Post

The path I walk in life saw me without the grounding tie of a family name, or the family to go along with it. Though it is a long, boringly sad tale, suffice it to say that I felt no attachment to my surname and longed for one that actually meant something to me.

The s'Ffalenn line, Arithon in particular, has resonated within me stronger than any other character (fictional or otherwise) that I've ever read or come across. It wasn't my "first choice" of name, though I really had no alternative - how does one go about choosing their own name??

Laneth was easy - I'd called myself that since I was seven. I really have my wife to thank me for choosing "Sffarlenn"; she hasn't read the books but has heard me go on-and-on about them and it was her that suggested the adaptation.

Thanks Clansman and Konran, and Janny (I'd forgotten I'd told you :P ). I'll be starting my first full re-read soon in preparation for the next title :-) Gotta be prepared!

By Vance Olsen on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 05:08 pm: Edit Post

Good afternoon everyone! Iíve been trolling these blogs for years and had an intriguing thought:

Just to play devil's advocate, but wouldn't it be quite a surprise to everyone if the Initiate in question was Kevor, an initiate of Ath's Brotherhood? He seemed to have a bright future ahead of him, and what better Trial than to help redeem a horde of marauding wraiths? A wayward prince? A misguided Koriani enchantress?