Archive through February 09, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 09, 2011
   By Laneth Sffarlenn on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 05:12 pm: Edit Post

I like the cut of your jib, Vance! Nice one!

By Annette on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 05:56 pm: Edit Post

I think Arithon will get all the redeeming trials to come on Athera somehow. Kevor might have a bright future, but it seems to consist of mainly shining as an example, rather than actually doing anything practical. It seems unlikely any of Ath's adepts are even going to offer advice to Arithon, let alone help.

Mind you some things Janny wrote in the books have been bugging the life out of me recently, and I ended up jumping to a seemingly unlikely conclusion as to what Arithon might become. Which would make it seem strange Ath's adepts did not do more. But I suppose following that law of major balance might have something to do with that. Will be interesting to see if Janny drops any hints that Ath's adepts might know more about Arithon's distant future. Or who named them Ath's brotherhood in the first place.

By Gary on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 06:42 pm: Edit Post

Yay, I'm really looking forward to the next book - congratulations, Janny!

Also the recent comments about events at Athir have me starting a re-read of the series - AGAIN! I totally missed the implications of Dakar's actions with regard to the Koriathain.

By Hunter on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 06:51 pm: Edit Post

I had thought Kevor would play a much larger part than he has to date. Also the Talith/Ellaine thread seems to have reached it's logical conclusion. I can't recall if Ath's Adepts have elongated lifespans, otherwise by the time of IT, both Kevor and certainly Ellaine will have passed by. I wonder if Lysaer has found other dalliances along the way?

What if he married Arithon's daughter ? Eek!

By Sleo on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 07:24 pm: Edit Post

OMG! That's the worst idea anyone's head yet, Hunter! ARGH!