Archive through February 12, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 12, 2011
   By Konran on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 07:28 pm: Edit Post

So the resulting child would have Foresight AND Justice AND Compassion? Yikes! That kid's gonna need some serious therapy lol! o_O

By Brian Uri! on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 07:39 pm: Edit Post

If ANYTHING could cause Asandir to collapse in a chair and just plain give up, it would be that! :D

By Annette on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 09:36 pm: Edit Post

Actually I was thinking Kevor and Arithon's daughter would make a nice couple. If she is saved some how like Kevor was, what is she going to do with herself? But then adepts do not dabble in that sort of thing which is a pity, they could have started their own line of extremely talented future adepts and not have to worry about dwindling numbers joining the brotherhood. If the Biedar leave Athera the brotherhood might not see any new adepts from that source, there will probably be less Adepts when we return in the next book. Something will need to change for them to survive. Maybe someone else will take care of the lack of talent interested in dedicating their lives to the mysteries.

Adepts must have extended lives if Kevor was the first to join for 100 years. None of the others seemed to be tottering around suffering the effects of advanced age.

I would expect Lysaer would be more likely to fall for Daliana, but maybe she is too smart to fall for him. He never did get over Talith and Daliana is sure to remind him of her. I would expect Daliana to use every advantage she can to keep Lysaer from doing anything too stupid.

By Annette on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 03:55 pm: Edit Post

All is quite. Janny, if Don gets a chance to read the final version as well any chance of getting his opinion of Initiate's Trial? Is Don a fan of the series?

By Janny Wurts on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 11:00 am: Edit Post

Quiet because: I am turning the chapters over to form to send them in. What does THIS mean?

Putting in the changes from the proofing (though most of that was done as it came). Putting the page numbers into consecutive count. (The chapter files are kept separate to prevent massive angst if a file ever corrupted). The typeface is changed to Times Roman - I write in courier, as manuscripts were done, yeah, way back. But this enables me to know if they are DONE or in draft form.)

Then I zoom the type BIG and flash forward read it one last time. This does turn up some errors missed. And since it's the only time, really, that I get to see it 'play' uninterrupted, start to finish, it gives me the 'feel' of the story's sweep. There have been deadlines so tight I didn't do this last pass. Nice that I can.

One hitch showed up: corrupted hyphens...this happened (not on this computer) I DO know why, but not how - I have to correct these as I go.

I've got 8 sets DONE to final form. Working through the rest - with hope to squeeze by and hit the editor's desk, Monday. She knows its coming... ;)

Annette - Don won't read it until it's proof stage. He is up to about chapter 13 set. Ask him. :-)