Archive through February 15, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 15, 2011
   By Trys on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 01:58 pm: Edit Post

All I know is that "curiosity killed the cat." BUT 'satisfaction brought her back."

By Paige Madison on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 02:06 pm: Edit Post

Great news, Janny! I'm so glad it's done! I think it's time to break out the virtual champagne for a toast! Can't wait to read. I hope the date is sooner rather than later! My preorder is already in.

By Claire Elliott on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 03:22 pm: Edit Post

Am once again de-lurking! Great to hear its all done, Janny!! Can't wait to hear a release date. I've had my copy on order for years (waterstones mess-up!)

By Annette on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 04:23 pm: Edit Post

Congratulations Janny, really looking forward to reading IT later in the year.

I will pre-order my HB version, but closer to the publishing date. It seems a bit cruel that they let fans pre-order the book before even knowing the publishing date, makes it seem even longer to wait.

By Zorana Lewis on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 04:24 pm: Edit Post

A question for you Janny, though feel free to tell me it's none of my business....but I know that you get royalties for your books and all that, but say if the book costs 20(or whatever), and you get a % of that in royalties, and then another website is say offering the book for 12.....do you still get the royalties based on a % of 20, or are your royalties slashed down and now based on a % of 12?

I only ask because as much as I like a bargain, I also like to support authors, especially my favourite ones, and if my paying full price for a book helps, then I would rather pay full price than get that bargain.

Relating to that...say if your books are in a 3 for 2 offer, which they were over Xmas here in the UK - quite a few friends got book sets for Xmas! - would you only get royalties for the 2 books that were actually paid for, or would you get royalties based on all 3 that were sold?