Archive through February 17, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 17, 2011
   By bookwurm on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 04:13 pm: Edit Post

No offence was meant Hunter.

I did point out that two of our members are retired M&B authors so they are instilled with the hero/ine mentality. Look, I can lead a horse to water but can I make it drink? They want parameters around their reading material - they want it clearly defined. All I can say in their defence is both their hands went up when we voted for IT to go into our Fixtures List. Besides it makes for feisty debates and I have the advantage of being able to lurk here and collect fodder for such discussions heh heh heh.

By Annette on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 05:29 pm: Edit Post

I have Arithon and Lysaer on the CotM pb that I read now, which I covered with contact to preserve the cover from so much use. The tatty one not worth covering after so much reading just sits on the shelf, it was the old British version I picked up at a local charity stall and thought it looked interesting, nothing like the 4 books I already had of Janny's. The new CotM I got the other day I will probably also cover since I am expecting it to journey from home a ways and gather a few new fans, no way would I let my favourite leave the house. Unfortunately when I started my HB collection, I forgot there might be two covers and again ended up with the British one, it will do. No prints in my collection yet, and there is not much wall space available, but I have plans on adding something later in the year. Fugitive Prince is my favourite rendition of Arithon so far, it is bound to get on the wall eventually. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 12:14 am: Edit Post

status update:

I have confirmed that the manuscript is IN TIME for the 'projected' pub date; now waiting for the editor to get back (next week) so it can be CONFIRMED as the final date. Pre production dates can move, so let's be certain. It looks good though.

First 'extra' is about polished off - I have got the glossary whipped into shape; have to re-check 4 points tomorrow, then proof, then send it to proof, and out it goes.

Then I start the cover art.

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 03:48 pm: Edit Post

Glossary is off and sent. YAY!

By Annette on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 04:56 pm: Edit Post

Looking good. Curious to see what you choose for the cover this time.