Archive through February 18, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through February 18, 2011
   By Chirogeoff on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 05:57 pm: Edit Post

Well done Janny! I too am looking forward to seeing the cover art. Thanks again for keeping us so informed. Particularly at times like this it's way above and beyond the call of duty.

On another note I was browsing your collaborations with Don the other day and (not that I know anything about art beyond what I like and don't) I preferred the original painting for the cover of Stealing the Elf King's Roses with you in it.

By Brian Uri! on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 06:09 pm: Edit Post

Hi Janny,

One thing that might help with new readers might be a blurb in the author's note of new releases and reprints about how WoLaS has always been planned for 5 arcs, or even just a list of the books, which arc they're in, and how many are left. I feel like I see a ton (hyperbole) of reviews where readers think you're just spinning your wheels churning out endless sequels, or worse, they finish an arc or an arc section and somehow start believing that they've read the finale!

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 07:56 pm: Edit Post

Hi Brian - you mean, author's note here?

Or somewhere else?

Chirogeoff - that was the original painting; they wanted it changed; he did the second one rather than destroy the first....apparently - they didn't want another author on a book by somebody else...even though every other artist used their wife for a model, not in this case...I always wondered - who would have known?

By Mark Timmony on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 04:20 am: Edit Post

Great news Janny!

Now I have to email HC :D

By Brian Uri! on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 07:17 am: Edit Post

I meant in the published books themselves -- the inner back-cover bio, for example.