Archive through March 02, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Publication date?: Archive through March 02, 2011
   By Laneth Sffarlenn on Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 09:27 pm: Edit Post

Sleo - I apologise, I just checked on my iPhone and they're there. The last time I looked, nothing came up under "Wurts" or any of the titles of the books.

Happy Day :D

By Annette on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 04:33 am: Edit Post

You can buy all the kindle versions of the series in Australia except for Ships of Merior, no idea why they are taking their time on that one. You would think if it was available elsewhere it would not be that hard to make it available to Australians. :-(

By Hunter on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 06:46 am: Edit Post

In defence of the Kindle, I have one and find it a very useful device. I don't need a glorified iPhone without the phone capability or a camera for $1000 - this just seems like an inordinate waste of money that could be better spent buying books (and CDs) and supporting authors. Plus you're not beholden to a specific company deciding what you can and can't get access to.

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 10:33 am: Edit Post

Annette - I will look into that. Thanks for letting me know.

By Annette on Wednesday, March 02, 2011 - 05:10 pm: Edit Post

I do not need a glorified kindle either, just read the books on my the PC, I hardly ever leave the house so mobile digital reading is not something to appeal when I can read a real book. I wanted the books in digital format so I could search them faster on the PC when I wanted to look something up, I prefer PDF's but thought I would give the kindle books a go. I am never getting an iPhone (or any mobile phone) so the iBooks are no good to me. I prefer PDFs because you can search a group of files in one folder and copy and paste. But although I have samples of some of the books as PDF's could not find any where to buy them in that format. The formatting in the kindle books is better, and they are easier to read, I was just disappointed they had no cover art(no art at all), and no map or one not big enough to read. I have all the real books anyway, but for someone who was just using the digital ones not being able to read the map would be a disadvantage. And only selling seven of 8 books is not going to get a lot of new Kindle readers for the series in Australia.