Archive through November 18, 2007

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Arc IV topic is unlocked - I just noticed!: Archive through November 18, 2007
   By Janny Wurts on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 01:23 pm: Edit Post

Whee, the gryphon's been at work again -- grin.

The topic's unlocked for speculation, but DO TAKE CARE in doing so, that anything related to Stormed Fortress's events is marked with adequate spoiler notices...

This said, dig in. (and muahaha, for Arc IV you can try to guess and guess, and guess again!!!)

By Andy on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 08:43 am: Edit Post

Wow, nice maniacal, evil laughter! I'd love to "dig in", but I must confess that I'm at a bit of a loss, because you did such a good job of ending this story arc. Janny, could you maybe help us out a bit with the elapsed time between the end of Arc 3 and the beginning of Arc 4? I'm not asking for specifics or precision, but you must have some larger story arc concept of elapsed time. If I'm not mistaken, there was about a 5 year lapse between Curse and Ships, and about 17 years before FP.

If I had to guess, I'd probably posit that about 15 to 20 years, or one generation, will probably pass, and the story will pick up with . . . OK, I'm at a total loss.

By skeoke on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 10:25 am: Edit Post

Not to rush things, but is there a name for Arc 4?

Let's see, what is still outstanding?
mistwraith locked in Rockfell
Selidie/Moriel's comeuppance
Traithe's restoration
Iyat loose in the Waystone
Ciladis' nap
Elaira's crystal's preference
Black Rose prophecy
Focus circle (where?) to become active at the time of Athera's greatest need, in response to ?? footsteps ??
Paravians' return
Fellowships reunion
Humanity's expulsion???
the Cleansing of Marak
I'm sure a missed a *few*

Where to start?

By DarthJazy on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 11:23 am: Edit Post

start with ciladis nap which should his return witht he return of the paravians and the fellowship reunion if not including traithes restoration. This would all be tied to the Black Rose Prophecy which may lead to the mistwraith in Rockfell and Humanity getting the boot which may be caused by Moriels Comeuppance. Moriels may yet die once Elaira finds out her crystals preference which may lead Elaira to become the next Korothi leaders which could lead to the waystone loosing its Iyat guest. Once all this has come to pass it may be that the focus circle may become active as all these loose threads come together to cleanse Marak and the mistwarith and forever healing athera.

Did I miss anything?

By Dorothy on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 11:16 am: Edit Post

Lirenda's fate? ;)