Archive through March 22, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through March 22, 2011
   By Laura Langley on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 08:54 am: Edit Post

Wow, has been a while since I've been here and look what I've missed! Congrats on the book can't wait for October I was thinking it would be a great read over Christmas but who am I kidding it won't make it till November now that I know the release date. Are the preorders available through Galaxy yet? I am sooo excited I wish it was October now!!!

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 09:16 am: Edit Post

Hi Laura Langley, did you just de-lurk? Welcome back!

Art status: I have the map and the chapter head graphic done, and resolved the first sketched out idea for the frontis piece with the tail piece just behind. Cover art: icon is well under way. Background: I have sketched out four ideas, with a fifth in the works - still testing the waters....and the circle's center piece image is still under hot debate.
There will be a spread to see, once I get stuff scanned and assembled. New sketchbook pages, too.

By Clansman on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 09:28 am: Edit Post

I am more excited about than any other since, well, Stormed Fortress!

Still not coming up on Amazon.ca as anything but a paperback (I really, really, really, really want a hardback).

Have to check Chapters/Indigo now...

By Sleo on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 06:02 pm: Edit Post

What do you mean, Clansman? Chapters/Indigo????

By Annette on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 08:52 pm: Edit Post

Chapters Indigo is one of Canada's biggest bookstores, and they do have IT listed, HB and Trade paperback is Dec 26th though.
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca

The Canadian Amazon has the wrong info on the book and only the paperback for pre-order

The American Amazon also seems to have had a fit and is no longer showing the book is a pre-order item but at least they have HB and PB versions, with the wrong publishing date. They think the book was published last year and is out of stock. :-(

Not sure if the UK Amazon is right, it has the paperback coming out on 27th Oct 2011 and the hardback coming out on the 27th Nov 2011?

Glad I am not going to be trying to get my book of Amazon.