Archive through March 24, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through March 24, 2011
   By bookwurm on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 07:59 am: Edit Post

Every time I pre-order a hardback copy of IT from Amazon UK it goes into my 'Save for Later' list in my basket and then when I go back to the site it has deleted it!! Grrrrrrrr I've got GRRM's DANCE sitting there happily in the basket for my hubby but IT keeps being deleted. Not happy about that on two counts - one, because I don't think GRRM has actually handed in a complete DANCE ms yet but has a July pubdate when it appears we've got to wait for Janny's IT until Oct/Nov!

By Clansman on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 08:19 am: Edit Post

Annette, you are absolutely correct. Chapters/Indigo is a little more on the ball than that selling behemoth Amazon, which has annoyed me for ages. If it is not listed on Amazon.ca, I am not allowed to buy it from Amazon.com, right across the border. I am allowed to purchase from Amazon.co.uk, but the shipping costs about the same as the book (that's how I bought Stormed Fortress).

I wonder why the release date at Chapters is two months later than the rest of the world?

GRRM IS NOT done A Dance With Dragons, so don't count on that July 12 publication date as being the Glorious Twelfth (apologies to all who are Green for that dark pun). More promises have been made and broken about that book that readers care to count, so there is no credibility to speak of about that date until the manuscript really is finished.

I so much like Janny's method waaaaay better: Finish the book, and then say when it will be published. Kind of like saying "here, your new house is built. You can move in the 1st of next month, once the painting is finished and the carpets installed." GRRM's way has people sleeping in their cars for 6 years in the hope that they can move into the unfinished house next week.

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 12:00 pm: Edit Post

The glitch in the E books in down under locations (Ships of Merior) is being addressed, please check in a few weeks and let me know if the situation has righted itself.

I have copied the disparities in the pre-order info on Initiate's Trial to my editors in London - hopefully that will be addressed as well.

thanks for the heads up - it really helps for me to know and draw attention to the problems straightaway.

I tend NOT to haunt amazon or other book sites; it isn't always helpful to my productive creativity (seeing ratings, etc, can be depressing or exhilarating - and one snide comment can waste a lot of productive emotion better spent on the WORK).

So you guys here - thanks for being my eyes and ears. It really helps a lot more than you know.

By Annette on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 09:15 pm: Edit Post

I suspect Booktopia where I got all but one of my new versions in the series is not going to have pre-orders available till a few months before release. But then I doubt I could wait for it to arrive in the post. I might just try to see if I can pre-order it from one of the local bookshops, maybe it will encourage them a bit to actually get the entire series. I was ever so annoyed when I wanted to buy the books locally and realised I could not get them. I quickly found an aussie online bookshop with a nice collection of Janny's books. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 09:55 am: Edit Post

Definitely, it helps draw notice/get the books shelved if they are ordered through a brick and mortar store....books that do not get attention from customers don't tend to be stocked.

But a sale is a sale, when bought new, so whatever suits you best is the ticket.