Archive through April 06, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through April 06, 2011
   By Konran on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 04:23 pm: Edit Post

Janny, I just thought you should know that Amazon.com is listing IT's publication date as October 2010, not October 2011. D: Hopefully something can be done.

By Angela Bawden on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 03:30 pm: Edit Post

haha! gotta love Amazon. :P

BUT here's my theory...the entire fellowship of seven and the Koriani order both die out - either one has the ability to record history indefinately. So if somehow both of them were erased, then a search for the true history would then be needed. And since they are using sorcery to find that history then the Art would have to survive somehow. :-) hehe! the possabilities are tantilizing!
And I'm glad the book is finally listed with a sale date.
I make a policy of buying books from physical stores so that bookstores will continue to exist - two of them closed down just this past year in my city, including Borders, which is really depressing! Now my only option is Barnes & Noble. *sigh*

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 05:22 pm: Edit Post

Hi Angela Bawden, welcome here!

STATUS UPDATE: I have just gotten word from the USA distributor - the release IN THE USA will be in hardbound and trade paperback, slated for January 2012 - not what I'd hoped (definitely want to see the US and the British release be simultaneous, sigh). Well, at least we know what's coming.

The listing on Amazon should appear before too much longer, so pre-orders can be made once that happens.

By Clansman on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 08:21 am: Edit Post

That's a bit disappointing. I wonder what the rationale is behind completely missing the Christmas shopping season? Books are a huge item for putting under the tree, at least in my family.

Makes me inclined to order it for October from amazon.co.uk, but the shipping: ugh.

By Trys on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 11:55 am: Edit Post

Clansman,

The release date schedule from HarperCollins.co.uk:

UK: 27 October 2011
Canada: 01 December 2011
Australia: 01 November 2011

It's only the US release that is January.

Jeff