Archive through April 17, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through April 17, 2011
   By Trys on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:24 am: Edit Post

The information at harpercollins.co.uk doesn't include a US release date.

By Paige Madison on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 07:17 pm: Edit Post

The current listing on US Amazon appears to be an imported edition from the UK.

Hardcover: 544 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins UK; Library edition (October 27, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0007362129
ISBN-13: 978-0007362127

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 10:03 am: Edit Post

The "US" Edition does not exist - it IS an imported title from the UK, distributed through Trafalgar...the question in progress is, when the 'export' from the UK will go on sale in the USA...

I had inquired when, through the distributor, and got the January target - if that is in error (the listings were not fed, yet, to Amazon and elsewhere), who knows if their date was in error, or if the listing at Amazon is not accurate? It's a complex chain, and there are many points along the way for the data to get mixed up. I apologize for the frustration. Once I get the artwork turned in (very soon, now) I will try again to get to the bottom of it.

By Sleo on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 10:15 am: Edit Post

Just preorder it from the Book Depository. You'll get it near the 27th and there's free shipping world wide.

By Laneth Sffarlenn on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 02:58 pm: Edit Post

Just throwing it out there: Since the last US publisher dropped the series due to, I'm assuming at least in part, a lck of sales, wouldn't it be much better for those in the US to order it through the US booksellers?

If all the US fans order from the UK upon launch, there'd be little activity when launched in the US and this could only reflect poorly in the new publishers mind?