Archive through May 06, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through May 06, 2011
   By Annette on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 06:00 am: Edit Post

quote:

Hi Annette,

Yes, I'm the gryphon in question. :-)

In the past the front page has acquired new artwork as/when a book is released and linked to its 'book' page. Until then the artwork hasn't appeared on the cover and technically isn't published. You will note the current images all have a 'Copyrighted Material' watermark which won't appear when the final 'cover' is added to the front page.

Trys

I see, I think?

I did not mean the front page, I meant the link on the upper right hand corner of the front page artwork that we have all been clicking for ages to see if anything new was added. Even with copyrighted material plastered all over the cover art, still it is big news and new. Some who check the site for news are not necessarily going to work out to look at cover art in progress section to find the newest addition to the site. Once this page is archived the link will not be easily visible, mind you not many seem to visit the message board. If you go through the books link on the front page we get the old info for Initiate's Trial saying it is still being written. I know you updated the releases list (which seems to have the wrong release info and date), but some are just never going to check in the right place for news about the new book. I was hoping we could drum up some interest with those that like the quick link to what is new on the site. Personally I can wait for the nice clear cover images. And thank you for all your work, apologies in advance for being such a pain. :-)

By Trys on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 02:14 pm: Edit Post

Hi Annette,

I misunderstood what you were asking for. Yes, good point, I will change that link. Thank you for the reminder and your are not being a pain. ;)

Trys

By Paige Madison on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 04:59 pm: Edit Post

Thank you, Mr. Paravian Gryphon for all you do!

By Hunter on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 06:17 pm: Edit Post

I'm wondering the setting of the backdrop with the river.. could this be Daon Ramon being "un-barrened"? with the river Severnir now having water flowing again?

By Annette on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 04:17 am: Edit Post

quote:

I'm wondering the setting of the backdrop with the river.. could this be Daon Ramon being "un-barrened"? with the river Severnir now having water flowing again?

If it is Daon Ramon, the landscape is being washed away! The river in the front might be too small to appear on the map, which could mean the larger body of water (at least looks like water) could be a bigger river like the Severnir. But then the ground looks either wet and washed away or like slag, I went with slag which is why I was thinking of Penstair. Daon Ramon I think of as hilly with bracken, grass and scrub.

hmmm...
I now know exactly where it is. :-)

While checking what Daon Ramon looks like, just to be sure, I notice Janny has already shown us a sketch she did back in 2004, the back ground painting is based on that sketch. Does not seem to have improved much over the years, maybe it is because the painting is a different season, or the storm or the dragon are working at rearranging the landscape, the trees seem to be vanishing. Also even though I have an over active imagination, the clouds in the painting look suspiciously suggestive. Be interesting to see a bigger unmarked version. Hopefully the hardback does not have the writing over those interesting looking clouds.

Now I know the perspective would be wrong for us to see a Sorcerer crossing that river, unless that was only a really tiny dragon. But someone does seem to be crossing it, and I was wondering if it could be Traithe? If it does turn out to be a person, they seem to be wearing a black hat.