Archive through May 20, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through May 20, 2011
   By Annette on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 05:06 pm: Edit Post

That "dragon" is only tiny! I have been thinking for a while there was something wrong with the dragons neck, it should be a lot thinner. It would seem there are two human figures in the background painting, and one is on the dragon. I think Janny should just give us a bigger picture to look at so we can see the details. Khadrim are black so even if Arithon could tame one with his shadows I do not see how it could be a Khadrim. And Wyvern do not breath fire, so what is this mini dragon?

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 07:20 am: Edit Post

Fun seeing all the crazed speculation -- of course, it's an authorial duct tape moment.

In case you are wondering: I am writing Destiny's Conflict.

Status on Initiate's Trial: the publisher has sent the copy edited manuscript for my review; and I am all expectation for the design department's finished execution of the cover typography...so the gears of production are in play, at this stage, getting things up to speed before press time.

By Annette on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 01:47 am: Edit Post

Thanks for the update Janny, nice to hear things are moving along still. I noticed some of the sites seem to have resorted to using the Stormed Fortress cover, be nice to see the real one of there soon. A nice BIG one so we can inspect the dragon. :-)

As to wild speculated perhaps Davien might have evolved enough to turn into a little dragon, then he could give a lift to some friends perhaps. We know from the hints in the books the army invades Havish through Lanshire so it seems possible we are looking at something the Sorcerers have cooked up to try and turn them.

As to the tree it does not look like a wheel, although it seems involved with cycles of change, so probably no one has died. I went with Sundancer's idea. Janny showed us Thembrel's Oak in Traitor's Knot even though it was just barely mentioned in the book, the tree must be important to the story. Perhaps this is an etheric Oak tree it is on the other side of the veil, but also on this side as a physical tree.

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 08:36 am: Edit Post

I have SEEN that irritating juxtoposition of Stormed Fortress's cover on the sites, and I've sent the message that it's confusing....!

Makes me just crazy mad when the internet proliferates erroneous information.

ARGH!

I hope design gets the type finished and the proper cover done, pronto.

By Trys on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 05:17 am: Edit Post

I submitted a comment to Amazon.com by way of the 'give feedback on images' link on the Initiate's Trial page and received this message this morning:

Greetings from Amazon.com,

Thank you for giving us feedback on images through our Image Feedback Form. We have reviewed your submission for the following product:

Initiate's Trial: Sword of the Canon: Volume One (The Wars of Light and Shadow series)
ASIN: 000721782X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've reviewed the following submissions and have made the decision to remove the inaccurate image for the following product. This change will appear within the next business day.

Image: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51hLCVLlvVL.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct product images are important to Amazon.com. We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this information.

Sincerely,

Product Imaging Department

www.amazon.com

So I submitted to amazon.co.uk this morning.