Archive through May 23, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through May 23, 2011
   By Sleo on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 07:25 am: Edit Post

That's fantastic, Trys! I looked for some way to contact them about it, but didn't find it. Clearly I didn't look hard enough! My mother always used to say to me in exasperation, "If it was a snake, it'd bite you!" when I looked for something and couldn't find it. :D

By Janny Wurts on Friday, May 20, 2011 - 09:34 am: Edit Post

Wowza, THANK YOU GRYPHON!!!!!!

I can only hope, now, that the design dept gets on the STICK and provides the cover image for real...

You already know how much enamel I ground off my teeth trying to turn this artwork in - tripping over Easter and the royal wedding - it was finished early, but, nobody at their desk to receive the files...

I SO appreciate having the mess taken down!!!

By Sundancer on Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 03:45 am: Edit Post

I don't think it is a little dragon. Perspective is hard - itching to see a high quality image! It's important enough for Janny to have shifted her Seardluin statue. Or is it on the spine? That works with the proportions.

But would the Fellowship try to stop Lysaer? I don't think they can... remember they call on Sulfin Evend as Caithdein and sworn to the land to stand down at Alestron. Lysaer wouldn't have listened.

I wonder if the tree is in the sacred grove of Ath's adepts?

I like to know you're laughing up your sleeve at us Janny while we poor blind mites stumble around out here.

Any hints?

I've added my whinge to Amazon too, - next business day seems a long time in coming

By Trys on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 04:58 am: Edit Post

The paperback no longer shows the bad image. However, I didn't think to do the same for the hardcover page and Amazon evidently doesn't think to check versions of a product. So I submitted a request to fix the hardcover page this morning. No word from amazon.co.uk but they've also corrected the page for which I reported the problem but not the hardcover so I also reported that.

By Sleo on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 07:36 am: Edit Post

That's funny. I checked it yesterday and submitted another request, as it was still there. Now it's gone, but not the hardcover, as you say.