Archive through May 23, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through May 23, 2011
   By Sleo on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 07:38 am: Edit Post

All of which begs the question - where did the image come from? If Amazon didn't do it and the publisher didn't do it? Because it's clearly the image from Stormed Fortress with the words 'Initiate's Trial' replacing 'Stormed Fortress'.

By Annette on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 07:51 am: Edit Post

I thought it was Amazon, wanting a nice pretty picture for the book. Personally I just prefer them to wait, but I can understand them wanting to have something there. Game sites will often do a mockup for game covers, since the real cover is not released till quite late, but they use a bit more imagination. If Amazon included a note that it is just a place holder for the real cover it would not be so annoying, but still it would be confusing since we all recognise the books by the cover before we read anything. I doubt anyone actually thought Janny was not going to do a new cover.

By Sleo on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 12:09 pm: Edit Post

Well their reply to Trys implied that they wanted correct images, so they surely know that if they just slap a title on an old book cover, it isn't correct. That's why I wondered where it came from.

By Trys on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 02:34 pm: Edit Post

Sleo, yesterday was Sunday. The reply stated that it would be a 1 business day so I didn't expect it to be gone until Monday.

I'd also like to know where the image came from. It didn't appear to be a user uploaded image (this can be done) but it might be. I don't know what happens if someone uploads an image when there is not image currently on the page. That image not only has Initiate's Trial instead of Stormed Fortress, it also says 'Sword of the Canon Book One" across the top.

At least it's gone now (or going once the hardcover is taken care of).

By Sleo on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 02:40 pm: Edit Post

Oh, I see your first post was just last Friday. Seemed like longer than that before I just now checked. That was good service, then.

Well, yes, it's obvious that SOMEONE edited that image and it had to be Amazon as no other website had it that I could find. Other than Goodreads which is connected to the Amazon database and gets its info from that as well as other sources.