Archive through March 11, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Publication date?: Archive through March 11, 2011
   By Trys on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 03:24 pm: Edit Post

Annette, where do you buy books for the Kindle in Australia? Is there an Australian Amazon site?

By Laneth Sffarlenn on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 03:58 pm: Edit Post

Depending on the device you use, I think you could pretty much buy the Kindle version from any of the Amazon stores.

Also, as far as I know, there's no actual Australian / Oceanic Amazon store. We simply have the US or UK stores to shop from.

I know when I use the Kindle app on my iPad or iPhone, it takes me to the US store by default.

By Annette on Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 06:57 pm: Edit Post

quote:

Trys
Annette, where do you buy books for the Kindle in Australia? Is there an Australian Amazon site?

No Australia does not yet have an Amazon site we can buy the other books in the series from the American site, however when I try to buy ships of Merior it comes up with a message "this title is not available to customers from Australia" It has been doing that for some time, I did mention it on the forum somewhere, but cannot seem to find it now. If I just search for Janny's books on Amazon it will not bring up Ships of Merior, it will only bring up what I can buy which is why I missed it the first time I looked and thought it was not kindled yet. We can buy nothing from the UK kindle store, they will only sell to customers in the UK. :-(

By Trys on Friday, March 04, 2011 - 05:33 am: Edit Post

Thanks for the info. Let's see what Janny's contact can do about it.

By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 12:03 pm: Edit Post

I actually like having the nook and the printed copies. At least for my favorite books. When I'm at home I'll pick a printed copy hands down. When I'm out, the nook is super handy. Sometimes my husband is with me and we might be reading something different than I'm reading on my own. The nook allows me to have both books without having to carry more with me.

Question: has anyone bought the nook version of WofLandS? I started to and then didn't because there seemed to be a lot of typos in the title and description. I haven't run into the same problem with any of the other books I own on the nook. Just wondering if the e-books also contain a lot of typos.