Archive through May 23, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through May 23, 2011
   By Trys on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 04:00 pm: Edit Post

I'd be surprised if Amazon had someone take the time to cobble together that image. I think it was a user uploaded image and since there 'was' no image, the user uploaded image filled the hole. Just a theory, but it'll help me sleep at night. ;)

By Sleo on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 04:06 pm: Edit Post

Oh, that does make sense. Do you stay awake worrying about what Amazon will gobble up next? :-)

By Annette on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 07:29 pm: Edit Post

Well Amazon gobbled up that Ships of Merior Kindle book and refuse to sell it to the Australians, still waiting for it to escape.

By Sleo on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 07:37 pm: Edit Post

LOL, Annette. Can you get the ibook down there?

By Annette on Monday, May 23, 2011 - 09:30 pm: Edit Post

The ePub versions? Not sure, I do not have iTunes, and what I have seen of ePub files on my PC (I use the firefox plug-in) they did not seem suitable for my needs. I only use the digital versions for looking for things quickly in the books. I liked the Kindle format even though I could not search multiple books at the same time. The eBooks on the Harper Collins site seem to open with my kindle reader, and they have Ships of Merior, but they charge more for a digital version than you can buy the real book for. I am not that rich! I already have 2-3 paper versions of each book, just wanted to support Janny by buying a digital set I could search. I will wait, Amazon is bound to eventually realise Australians want a full set of the books.