Archive through July 20, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through July 20, 2011
   By Annette on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 03:06 am: Edit Post

I was looking through the Stormed Fortress status thread earlier and got up to Wendy Collett's comment about how long she thought it might take Janny to finish the series.

quote:

By Wendy Collett on Monday, February 20, 2006

What I mean is, this is obviously going to be a 10 year or so project for you to write this to conclusion... or something like that.

quote:

By Janny Wurts on Monday, February 20, 2006

ACK! - I expect to be done well before ten years!!!! For one thing, I've got an impressive number of projects lined up, waiting. :-)

Over 5 years later, I would be happy to be reading the final book in 2016 sometime, although I would not be surprised if it took a bit longer. Perhaps Janny has changed her mind about the ten years now?

By Izzy on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 03:28 am: Edit Post

I'd say that she would be on track. Initiate's Trial is done, she is already making in roads on Destiny's Conflict. If memory serves, she estimated only one more book after that (Arc 5).

Regards,

CJ

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 05:38 pm: Edit Post

It's not an estimate. I am starting the second to last volume - the books take about 2 years or so...creativity is not uniform, and life Happens, but my productivity has been fairly steady.

Destiny's Conflict finishes Arc IV
Song of the Mysteries (one vol) IS arc V.

And the story content is (so far) right on track.

By Annette on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 04:48 am: Edit Post

When does the Australian Voyager Online site usually put the extract up? Is it one month exactly before the book comes out or closer to the publication date? Thought I would just straight out ask them if they are doing it this time, since the book is yet to appear on the Australian site.

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 08:01 am: Edit Post

Hi Annette - by all means, ask!

I recall 30 days from pub date, but it is odd that there is no listing....