Archive through July 26, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through July 26, 2011
   By Janny Wurts on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 06:31 pm: Edit Post

I should presume it would...

By Annette on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 12:52 am: Edit Post

I noticed with Stormed Fortress they started altering the tones of the cover art to offset the colour used for the title and statuary. I have always liked how the central image within the stone circle always seemed to stand out, even though it was only small, it always drew our attention first. Maybe the final cover will look a bit different, but the central image seems to blend in too much with all the bright blue. I can put up with pink grass, especially if they fade it a bit more, but the central image would have stood out more if they had left out the bright blue and gone with the original colours. It could just be that for some reason the cover image is over saturated and it does not actually turn out that bright. It comes out with those colours it should be pretty easy to see on the shelf though.

By Sleo on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 08:21 am: Edit Post

""By Janny Wurts on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 10:43 am: Edit Post

Prefer we wait for the 'real' one, coming - this is just a stopgap/rather it did not proliferate. I was just SICK of looking at blank boxes. ;)""
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Annette - did you not see Janny's post? It's a temporary image.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 08:51 am: Edit Post

I have no idea what the design dept. is doing...I am trying to find out.

By Annette on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 12:00 am: Edit Post

Yes Sleo I saw Janny's comment, but since she seemed to think the colours might be the same in the final version, thought I would mention what I thought of the colour changes now rather than wait till later. I am still hoping it is just an accidental over saturation problem, or something they were trying out to see how it would look. I have Stormed Fortress in both mass paperback and hardback with the same cover, yet I have a digital version of the Stormed Fortress cover which is more blue with different coloured statuary, the same cover they used for the Initiate's Trial mock up. It seemed they were playing around with the layout and the colours were not the same as the final one. Hopefully that is all this is.