Archive through August 01, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through August 01, 2011
   By Zorana Lewis on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 01:55 pm: Edit Post

Not quite sure whether anybody has pointed this out or not, but Amazon.co.uk are currently saying the following in their Product Description:

The long-awaited beginning of the fourth and final story arc - Sword of the Canon - in the epic fantasy series, the Wars of Light and Shadow.

Which is not true, of course.

By Annette on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 03:53 pm: Edit Post

Cannot really blame Amazon when the actual publisher says the same thing.
http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles/55257/initiates-trial-janny-wurts-97800073 62127

You would think they would actually want fans to know there is going to be a fifth story arc, could have sworn book publishers were meant to be trying to sell us books.

By Sleo on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 03:56 pm: Edit Post

Jesus. You'd think so, wouldn't you?

By Janny Wurts on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 04:58 pm: Edit Post

People, your sharp eyes are starting to chew my nerves ragged. Not to mention - sigh - all the notices to my editor - info has always been a bit faulty....Stormed Fortress, if you recall - claimed to be the blasted FINISH - and I got a few irritable notes, since it was NOT.

Thanks SO MUCH for informing me - your sharp eyes are valued.

However: as readers YOU can do something I cannot. At least on Amazon's US website, at the bottom of ANY book's page, there is a thingie to click to START A DISCUSSION ON THIS BOOK.

PERFECT spot, if you like, to put up a correction about ANY incorrect listing. Not only will it inform other readers, but it will get up on the book's page faster than any change through channels.

And - Amazon may listen to its customer base. Could speed up a change, perhaps...

It's NOT in good taste for authors to do this; we have to 'go through channels' with the publisher.

You don't. :-)

By Sleo on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 05:52 pm: Edit Post

Yes, someone, I think Trys, effected a change to Amazon's cover image when they had the filched Stormed Fortress image up. They do listen.