Archive through August 03, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through August 03, 2011
   By Annette on Monday, August 01, 2011 - 06:47 pm: Edit Post

The publisher actually provided the mock up that used the Stormed Fortress cover. So even though there is a decent cover around now (which is not the one on Goodreads), we will probably never be rid of the fake one. They must have used that same cover for the early Stormed Fortress cover as well, I often wondered why it was seen on so many sites, even on the Paravia site, when it was not the final cover. I have 2 versions of Stormed Fortress and neither is that blue.

By Trys on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 05:19 am: Edit Post

There is an "update product info" link at the bottom of every Amazon product page. You can click that, explain in detail what is wrong with the listing, referencing Janny's website/Chat Area as your source of information and see what happens. Also, anyone can write the publisher to do the same... always in a respectful, matter of fact way of course. :-)

By Annette on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 06:23 am: Edit Post

I wrote the publisher including several complaints, if I was going to include one might has well include them all. I had no luck with Amazon's update product feature though. You cannot update the description of the product, or I was just blind and could not find it, all I could see was the suggested changes. I settled on Janny's suggestion about starting a discussion on it instead. Although Amazon's very strange glitch of changing my name distracted me for a bit.

By Trys on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 10:42 am: Edit Post

Annette, the link is at the bottom of the page and it brings up a form that you fill out and submit to Amazon. It takes them a couple of days but they have always responded to me.

By Annette on Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 07:05 am: Edit Post

If any one would like a nice big 778 x 1200 size image of the cover Mighty Ape has one. Might not look big when you click on the view large image, but save it and you will get a suprise.
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Book/Initiates-Trial-First-Book-of-Sword-of-t he-Canon/10838347/

Still not big enough to get a good look at that mystery bird, but big enough to see how close we were to seeing what was crossing the water. We can see the ripples, a bit further to the left and we would have maybe been able to tell who was in the water. I think maybe next time Janny should paint the interesting bits where we will see them on the final cover, like she did with the "dragon" which should fit nicely on the spine of the book. :-)