Archive through August 14, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through August 14, 2011
   By Annette on Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 11:58 am: Edit Post

Barnes and Noble have that snappy little start that always grabs my attention.

quote:

The first book in the fourth arc, Sword of the Canon, finds Arithon and Lysaer on an unstoppable path toward direct conflict.

I actually thought Lysaer might be trying to avoid a direct confrontation with Arithon this time, but still it sounds exciting, and goes well with the ending of the revised old blurb.

quote:

Still ruled by the Mistwraith's curse, Lysaer will stop at nothing to find and destroy the newly freed Arithon.

Would get the attention even more with the real cover, but it seems some sites are not going to update that. Even Stormed Fortress got stuck with that overly blue false cover on many sites. Which is why I think the publisher would be better of not giving any cover till they have the real one. Save having all those false covers floating around years after the book is out.

By Sleo on Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 12:53 pm: Edit Post

I sent them an email telling them about the wrong cover and said Amazon has it right, why can't they? Jab, jab, lol.

By Annette on Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 05:42 pm: Edit Post

Because that is the cover the publisher sent them and they probably will not change it till the publisher sends them a different cover. That Harper Collins UK has still not put a cover up does not help. And if you check either the UK or USA Amazon store, you will see only one version had the cover updated and the others now have no cover.

By Sleo on Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 12:12 pm: Edit Post

I got this reply from B&N:

Subject: Re: Customer Service Mail - Order Number:Initiates Trial by Janny Wurts (KMM31489602V40922L0KM)

Dear Sandra Jacob,

Thank you for writing to us about the wrong cover of the book "Initiates
Trial".

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We reviewed your concerns regarding the wrong cover for the book
"Initiates Trial" by Janny Wurts. Your feedback is very important to us
at Barnes & Noble and we appreciate your taking the time to send us your
opinion. We assure you that we have reviewed the issues you have raised
with the appropriate people on our design team. We truly value your
patronage; your online shopping experience is extremely important to us.

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,

KC
Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble
http://www.bn.com/

By Annette on Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 07:30 pm: Edit Post

Bit more coherent than the Amazon UK auto reply was, maybe you managed to get a real live person Sleo. I notice the UK Amazon have now fixed the problem with the description. Same revised wording as the Harper Collins UK description so it must have come from the publisher, not my complaint.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wars-Light-Shadow-Initiates-Trial/dp/0007362129

It is interesting that the publisher has an ISBN and price up for a downloadable audio version of Initiate's Trial, are they just getting hopeful or is there a chance of actually getting one?
http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles/73960/initiates-trial-unabridged-edition-j anny-wurts-9780007449682

I always have trouble following audio books, if I cannot see it as I am reading it just goes in one ear and straight out the other, without actually sinking in. For that price I would buy it though. Publishers should try and please as many fans as possible these days, release a version of the book for just about every taste.