Archive through August 17, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through August 17, 2011
   By Annette on Monday, August 15, 2011 - 09:25 pm: Edit Post

I have seen booksellers hopefully put up an information page for a version that never appeared, strange that a publisher would do it though. I hope it is not just wishful thinking on their part, I would love to see the complete series released in an audio format, hopefully narrated by someone with a nice voice.

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 09:21 am: Edit Post

My contract has a specific CLAUSE that indicates the rights involved require a live, human narrator.

I am making inquiries to see if there is a plan for this in the works. It would not truly make sense - given that it is so far along in the series. Obviously a book 1 in the series would be more sensible, first.

So if this is a wild hare - hopefully I will find out...I am so far out of the loop at the moment, I truly haven't a clue.

By Annette on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 05:19 pm: Edit Post

Would not sell well without a live person doing the reading, all their other audio books are read by real people. They could even throw in a BookD Podacast with Janny to get some attention for the new book.

By Annette on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 10:02 pm: Edit Post

Well I just pre-ordered the audio version, so if Harper Collins UK are just fishing, they better rush out and find someone to read it.
http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Initiates-Trial-Janny-Wurts/9780007449682?cf=3& rid=1447915234&i=6&keywords=initiate%27s+trial

And I expect it to be good, not just anyone reading it will do.

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 11:03 am: Edit Post

I still have no word on this (what is going on with audio) - either does the desk at editorial. (The departments don't consult each other)

Hopefully I will have some sort of info back soon.

Thanks for the heads up...