Archive through September 07, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through September 07, 2011
   By Mark Stephen Kominski on Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 07:04 pm: Edit Post

I'm old-fashioned on this particular front; I want the book (hardback, preferrably!) in my hands first.

Not too demanding, am I? ;-)

By Neil on Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 04:35 pm: Edit Post

Will there be a first chapter sometime soon ;-)?

By Annette on Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 06:47 pm: Edit Post

Voyager will not have the preview chapter till October, not that they seem to show much life over there, but they said they would try to have it up. Now we get the entire book in a couple of months, much more exciting a prospect. :-)

Have to admit I am wondering if Harper Collins UK is actually going to put the cover for Initiate's Trial on their site before the book is released, they seem to have a very strange way of going about things. Usually the publisher puts the cover up first, not last or not at all. Maybe we should start a thread guessing the date they will get around to it.

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 08:22 pm: Edit Post

US readers - do check the listings: it appears there is one (at Amazon?) for the HARDBACK - that is on the Oct 27 target date...

So it may be simultaneous - with the paperback coming in January.

Now that DragonCon is behind (grin) I will look at what can be done to pique your interest...like, perhaps an excerpt...

By Jeff on Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 01:07 am: Edit Post

Hi, Janny.

The Amazon listing I think you're referring to is the one I've had on preorder since April. The product description mentions "library edition".

I hope the release date is accurate and does not get pushed back as the date approaches.

We'll see... :-)