Archive through October 01, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through October 01, 2011
   By BillBob on Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 12:09 pm: Edit Post

Wow!!! Just read it and the amount of bombs that get dropped in this is just amazing! Can't wait to read the whole book. It definitely cannot come too soon.

By Brian Uri! on Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 05:08 pm: Edit Post

If you are like me and dove in too quickly to notice, there are two additional sets from Chapter I linked at the top of the first page, "Hard Reckonings" and "Tidings". :-)

By Neil on Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 05:16 pm: Edit Post

Thanks Trys.

I read the mobi file on a kindle (the ending triplets are curiously duplicated - thought you might like to know)

This should be a fun book; not long to go now :-)

By Sleo on Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 05:44 pm: Edit Post

I also missed the other two sections! So having now just read them, I don't think I can bear the suspense! Surely, surely, surely, the Song of the Mysteries involves the downfall of the Koriani! Poor Elaira! I cried.

By Annette on Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 05:48 pm: Edit Post

Thanks for getting the excerpt up Trys, unfortunately on the one fine day for months I am busy, so still attempting to read. I never expected to get the entire chapter one, pleasant surprise that was.

Just one question, was it a typo or one of Janny's obscure words I have never heard of, what does thwap mean? I got the intention from the sentence, just wondered about the word itself.

quote:

"I only thwap others who cross me, besides. Mostly, after my brother hammers me, first."

Janny already had me hunting for what theosophers meant, which seemed a clue for something I already suspected.