Archive through October 03, 2011

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through October 03, 2011
   By Annette on Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 10:06 pm: Edit Post

Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers...

I wonder if Kerelie is going to get herself a husband before Arithon remembers his heart belongs to Elaira.

I was not really surprised the Biedar were not bound by the compact, I was a bit surprised that unlike Ath's Adept's they have a limited life span. I thought maybe they could live without ageing, but it seems not. Mind you they seem to live a very long time so must be doing something right.

By Hunter on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 01:26 pm: Edit Post

Spoilers..

Asandir must sometimes think to himself that he should go and talk with the Biedar and get them to deal with the Koriani once and for all.

Interesting that the crone handing Arithon his lyranthe would appear to be Morriel in her true form? Unscarred hands and crone appearance.

By Annette on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 04:48 pm: Edit Post

Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers...

I thought it was Morriel as well, so it could not have been a flesh and blood Morriel. Be interesting to read later how the fellowship set up their task for Arithon, since the wraiths were held in the star wards.

By John Parsons on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 04:55 pm: Edit Post

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Morriel seemed to think that the fellowship had released them deliberately but that does not seem likely to me, perhaps they just bypassed the defences and invaded??

By Sleo on Monday, October 03, 2011 - 05:02 pm: Edit Post

I thought it was pretty clear in Chapter 1 that Asandir, at least, thought Selidie/Morriel was the same. I think the one handing him his lyranthe was just an old Koriani. There are a few of those, you know.

And do we have to say spoiler now, since the chapter is posted for everyone to read? I mean, if you haven't read it, please do!

And, Annette, it is pretty clear that Arithon remembers a love, even if he doesn't yet know who it is. And IMO, it would be totally against his whole character to get intimately involved with another woman..