Archive through June 17, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Sounds of Music: Recent purchases: Archive through June 17, 2005
   By Hunter on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 06:55 am: Edit Post

No problems Anna!

There is a good interview with Tarja on the Metal Rules web site :http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/Nightwish-June2004.htm:

I laughed when I read because Tarja herself describes her voice as one instrument in the sound of Nightwish!

I was also very excited because Tarja confirmed that Nightwish will be touring Australia in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is also an interview with Tuomas from April. The reviews of Once there are universally fantastic - as they should be of such a great album!

Italian symphonic metallers Rhapsody are just about to release a new full length CD which has vocals by Saruman himself. Yes, Christopher Lee reads some parts.

By Friederike on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 04:13 am: Edit Post

Once is so fantastic. Escpecially Ghost Love Score and Wish I had an Angel I love so much. I read in some reviews that people don't like Marco singing and shouting, but I like it, it brings in a new and in many ways better sound.
I am looking forward for their concert in Cologne in October, the first time I'll see them live.

Christopher Lee is on the Cover of the CD, I just saw it yesterday when I bought my new precious, the new Album from Wolf, Evil Star. Great Music.

By Hunter on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 06:17 pm: Edit Post

Marco's singing adds a new dimension to Nightwish, I believe this adds a great new dimension. I suspect Tarja also likes it because it takes some pressure off her.

I can't wait until Nightwish tour Australia next year..

By Hunter on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 09:23 am: Edit Post

For those with an interest, Nightwish's new CD "Once" has just topped Billboard's Eurocharts as the Number 1 CD in Europe.

In front of a diverse collection of artists - Beastie Boys, Avril Lavigne, Norah Jones, Anastacia, The Corrs and Zucchero Fornaciari (I kid you not). The jpg file is on the Nightwish website.

By gweggiepants on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 09:54 am: Edit Post

Rob Dougan recently released his debut album Furious Angels. Amazing stuff...you can preview the cd at http://www.rob-dougan.com/ but I'd recommend going to the site only if you have a decently fast connection. My favorite part is that I got the 2 disc set because the the second disc is songs from the first cd with no vocals - just instrumental.

By Auna on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 04:19 pm: Edit Post

Janny recently mentioned listening to the Alexander soundtrack while writing and I was like, ooh! I bought that too because it was Vangelis even though I have yet to see the movie :p

Anyway, I popped it in and it makes ok background music but it didn't seem to have any drive or large emotional sweep that I was expecting a big movie to have.