Audio edition....pending

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Destiny's Conflict - Spoiler Topic: Audio edition....pending
   By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 04:25 pm: Edit Post

Yesterday, I listened to two clips of two different narrators, proposed for the audio edition of Destiny's Conflict.

No plans as yet for the rest of the series, but this one is a start.

One of the clips sounded very good indeed - let's see what develops. I am currently side tracked from drafting the new book due to creating files for pronunciation etc, for the narrator.

I will keep posting updates regarding the audio version as things develop.

By Ypso on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 04:38 pm: Edit Post

When a few days ago there was talk going around about a possible audio book version, I was determined not to get too excited in case the information digged up by Annette turned out to be nothing more than a mistake by an external party. But to read your words now... I think I will need some time for this news to sink in. It feels kind of unreal to read that there really is going to be an audio book.

It still strikes me as a bit odd not to start with the first book in the series but with the tenth instead. But that is probably because Destiny's Conflict just got released and they might think that a new title will garner more interest than an older one. But you are right, it is a start and I am really, really happy about it.

By Janny Wurts on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 07:30 pm: Edit Post

Whelp: there's a pre-order link up for the audio edition of Destiny's Conflict.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Destinys-Conflict-Book-Two-of-Sword-of -the-Canon-Audiobook/B077MX8S7L?ref_=a_search_c4_6_2_srTtl&qid=1511552459&sr=6-2

I was recently told: IF THERE IS INTEREST SHOWN IN THIS PRODUCTION, THEY WILL CONSIDER DOING THE EARLIER VOLS.

so - people - if you want an audio edition - hit the pre-order numbers hard and fast (and check to see if your local supplier in other regions lists this, too).

I am making my case to get Mistwraith under consideration - we've got a window of opportunity, here, it would be incredible if we could nail this.

Having the series go into audio would REALLY HELP A LOT since many readers short on time won't consider a series without it. More: the prose was designed to be read aloud, and it would really shine in this format!

I know the narrator they've booked, and honestly, we'll get a great job!!!

Please, if you have a sec - share this link around!

By Ypso on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 12:43 pm: Edit Post

Since the German branch of Audible does not yet list the audio book, I contacted them to ask if they could add it to their product range. I only got the usual reply (thanks for your interest and the request has been forwarded to the colleagues in charge) but I am pretty optimistic that Destiny's Conflict will be made available over here too. At least that is what happened in the past with other titles that were initially not available in Germany.

By Melanie Trumbull on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 11:32 am: Edit Post

Anyone else get an
Audible dot com update
about their
Destiny's Conflict pre-order?

By Janny Wurts on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:15 pm: Edit Post

I have just reviewed all of the production files for this release, and they are STUPENDOUS!!

What was in the update, Melanie, if you don't mind my asking? (Did they announce the narrator, yet?)

It is a MINDBLOWING experience, I can't wait till you readers get your hands on this!!!

By Annette on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 06:49 pm: Edit Post

The audible update I got the other day was just to notify me of the new release date which is 1st March, no mention of who the narrator was going to be.

By Melanie Trumbull on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 11:29 am: Edit Post

You asked, Janny --
and Annette is correct.

"Dear Melanie,
We wanted to let you know that the audio publisher has moved the release date of Destiny's Conflict: Book Two of Sword of the Canon: The Wars of Light and Shadow, Book 10 to March 01 2018.
If you'd still like this audiobook, you don't need to do anything - we will add it to your library on March 01 2018 and notify you of its availability. "
Then there is a sentence about canceling the order, should the customer wish to cancel.

There is no announcement regarding the narrator.

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:40 pm: Edit Post

Thanks, Melanie.

I have inquired whether I am free to announce the narrator - will put the name up pronto once that's cleared with the powers that be.

I suspect, also, the page for the audio was 'updated' because I believe when I last checked, it had a time for the book's length posted - quite obviously a wild guess, because I have listened to all of it and it def. was more book hours than the original listing.

I expect the full score and all of the info will go up very very soon - I'm pretty stoked!! The overall listen is just - amazing.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: