Heroes

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Movie/Television Chat: Heroes

By DarthJazy on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 01:09 pm: Edit Post

Ahhh highlander how I miss that series. Did you see the last movie on scifi? It fit but was a bit disappointed.

From what I remember when It came time for the series and movies (not counting the 2nd movie it doesnt belong) they kept to the original SL with him defeating the kurgen but changed the fact that we wasn't the last. It was in the Watcher database from the first movie with both duncan and conner.

I'm not familiar with baums vision but that dont surprise me lol

welp back to work

By Clansman on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 02:38 pm: Edit Post

I watched the "new" Battlestar Galactica for about five minutes. I turned it off when Starbuck turned out to be a woman. Shortening the name to initials is quite appropriate: B.S.

Watching the original series, you just couldn't make Starbuck a woman. The name itself is inherently male, and so was the character. The old series even had female pilots.

I agree, Trys. Go with something brand new, instead of hacking a neat, if dated, idea to death. The series was a little disco, but didn't have to be so dramatically revised to be carried with flare to a new generation of viewers.

By Trys on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 07:52 pm: Edit Post

DarthJazy,

"Baum's vision": Are you serious that you are unfamiliar with the Wizard of Oz? The MGM movie did a fair job of keeping to the book with the most glaring difference being that Dorothy slippers were not ruby in the book. The one ad for "Tin Man" I've seen has an unrecognizable character saying "Welcome to O Z, the outer zone"... URK!!

Clansmen,

I managed to swallow a female Starbuck... I disliked the Cylon in Baltar's head. And it was the unrelenting bleakness and despair that pervaded not only the story but the sets and filming that finally chased me away.

Trys

By DarthJazy on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 12:56 pm: Edit Post

I guess when time permits I will have to go out and read it *sigh* may be awhile i've fallen a bit behind on my readings. 2 days to heros yay

By Andy on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 08:55 am: Edit Post

Clansman and Trys, I grew up on the old Battlestar Gallactica, and the new one took some adjustments. But, IMO, it is one of the best series on TV, and defintely the best SF piece of programming on TV. If you can, I encourage you to go back and watch the first couple season (maybe 3 seasons?) on DVD. Don't let the fact that the first BG was horribly cheesy spoil a great show. Once you get into it, you'll ask yourself why they ever wrote Starbuck as a man in the first place. Katee Satkoff (or whatever her name is) is one of the reasons the show is great.

DarthJazy, back to our Heroes discussion. Minor spoiler here. I am rarely right. I am usually wrong. If I call it one way, put your money on the other. Except this time, when Nathan and Nikki turned out to be the two heroes who died (at least we think Nikki died -- I'm not so sure), just like I drew it up on the drawing board. Where do I collect my prize?

By DarthJazy on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 12:29 pm: Edit Post

I will admit im a bit disappointed that they killed off nikki well frankly she was hot hehe. Ok i shoulda guessed nathan but didn't expect him to rat out their secret. I think he will remain dead and this will set peter to be the baddass we now know he can be.

Do you think adam will get free i will admit that was a horrible thing to do.

Sylar i expected.

I wish they would have explained Mayas ability better cause im still not sure what it is.

clair and noah was a bit disapointing.

cant wait till next season

By Trys on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 02:44 pm: Edit Post

I heard the other evening what the WGA strike is primarily about: the percentage of Internet download fees the writers get. Apparently they settled for a very small percentage of VHS/DVD sales and don't want the same thing to happen again.

I find this similar to the issue of author's share for electronic sales of books.

Trys

By Greebo on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 05:19 am: Edit Post

Bit off topic but I'm just putting in my two cents to say I agree with Andy, the new Battlestar is great. Sure its dark and gritty but not completely - plenty of human spirit there too. Definitely worth persevering with. I too found myself wondering why they didn't write Starbuck as a woman in the original series (also a nice touch to have guest appearances from the actor who originally played Apollo). I love it - its smart, sexy and keeps you guessing... :-)

Jules

By DarthJazy on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 10:47 am: Edit Post

another season has ended of hereos and what does anyone think of the ending?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: