Lord of the Rings on Blu-Ray

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Movie/Television Chat: Lord of the Rings on Blu-Ray
   By Hunter on Monday, April 12, 2010 - 07:11 am: Edit Post

For those with big HD TVs and a Blu-Ray player, are you planning to upgrade to Lord of the Rings on Blu-Ray or wait for the Extended Editions like the DVD releases? :-)

Having just purchased a new laptop that plays Blu-Ray and watching the excellent Underworld 3 (apparently there is an Underworld 4 in pre-production!) on my HD plasma, I would think EE LotR in Blu-Ray on an HD TV at a proper aspect ratio (i.e. not losing 1/3 of the screen to widescreen) will be rather marvellous.. would you agree?

By Zorana Lewis on Monday, April 12, 2010 - 07:52 am: Edit Post

It would if it was the EE - it's not. They're the theatrical versions only. Save your money.

Edit: Oh sorry, just realised what you said - I do intend to buy the EEs on Blu-ray when they get released, but as this most recent Blu-ray boxset is only the theatrical releases, I'm not buying them. That said, I'm hoping the EEs will be more than just a carbon copy of the last EE box set we had; maybe some new documentaries.......deleted scenes or something. I love my blu-ray, but this constant releasing of different DVDs is just a cashcow to me, and I'm getting fed up of being treated like a walking talking cash machine. lol.

By Hunter on Monday, April 12, 2010 - 09:27 am: Edit Post

Yes.. will most likely borrow theatrical releases to watch but wait for EE versions to part with money. There must be many hours of footage that wasn't used.. leaving aside the hours of Xenarwen footage that wasn't used, would be great to see other stuff that was filmed but not included in the releases for a variety of reasons.

Speaking of cash cows, after the Blu-Ray releases and the pending release of 3D TVs, I suspect a number of films may then be re-released in 3D as well!! The OneRing.Net review of the Blu-Ray release points out (it was that long ago) that the films were released on both DVD *and* VHS. That's magnetic tape media for the kiddies reading this..

By Jeffrey L Watson on Monday, April 12, 2010 - 02:06 pm: Edit Post

This topic has been moved from the General topic as it does not related to Janny's work.

By Trys on Monday, April 12, 2010 - 02:08 pm: Edit Post

3D is apparently here. Comcast Cable had a 3D channel broadcasting the Masters Golf Tournament over the last four days... required a 3D TV and glasses.

By Hunter on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 09:52 pm: Edit Post

Hi Trys - apologies for posting in the wrong area.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: