Archive through October 22, 2004

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Book Nook: Archive through October 22, 2004
   By Cheryl on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 03:37 pm: Edit Post

Sounds great to me. I love emotional stories. Can't wait to get mine at the con or I'd be done by now reading it. Sounds great though I'm excited.

By Wayne McCalla on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 04:45 pm: Edit Post

Cheryl,

You could always go to a panel that he is on or a reading if he is doing one before you decide.

And I am sure someone in the Dealer's room would have a copy of it if you decided to buy.

See you in Two weeks

Wayne

By Cheryl on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 05:47 pm: Edit Post

Thanks Wayne I thought of doing that. I hope I have room for it on my way back. I got one of those roller carts with baggage so I won't have to carry a big bag of books. See you there and looking forward to seeing you in person all of you that are going.

By Sandtiger on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 08:45 am: Edit Post

Ah yes~Two weeks from today!!

I can't wait.

Sandtiger

By Cheryl on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 10:32 am: Edit Post

Me either Sandtiger. Look forward to seeing you face to face and I wonder if Jay Jay is still coming. Hope so.

By Sandtiger on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 01:24 pm: Edit Post

The book launch far exceeded anything my imagination could envision. I can't even put it into words. It's almost like it was a dream, except I have pictures to prove it was all real.

Jay Jay - it was great to see you and Roger there! Can't wait for the day when I can return the kindness.

Sandtiger

By Bruce on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 02:45 pm: Edit Post

Just read 2 Carol Berg books. "Song of the beast" was great I loved this book and would like to see more of that world. "Guardians of the Keep" was mostly good, although I find myself becoming increasing annoyed with how a certain character acquires knowledge in this book, I wasn't fond of it in Son of avonar either, but still a good read.
I really like Steven Erikson books amd it is indeed a multi-volume epic. I have 5 British trade paperbacks, I understand the series is contracted to go 10 books. Last year at Bubonicon I heard Stephen Donaldson read from Runes of the Earth and have been waiting impatiently for that book to come out, so that is next. At the reading after Donaldson strongly reccomended Erikson and Patricia McKillip. 2 very different writers but I agree with him that they are excellent.

By Cheryl on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit Post

I never liked Patricia McKillip. My taste has changed though so I have to try people again to see if I like them now. Glad you enjoyed Song of the Beast. She tried to write a sequel but it didn't work out yet. She still plans on writing one but Guardians took over for now I think. I love Guardians right now. I have trouble with switching characters but she does a great job with that. I might buy Stephen Erickson then. It did interest me at the store but I worried about it being a hardback. I get hardbacks but don't like to get too many of them unless I'm real familiar with the author. I'm still hesitant to order Traitor's Knot from Merlin because I don't know how slow their delivery time is or how fast. I want to get it right when it comes on the stands.

By Bruce on Thursday, October 21, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit Post

Cheryl,

Speaking of Carol Berg I'm going to be away on Business from friday to Monday in Denver, and there is a con there that she is going to be at in Denver about 3 miles from the hotel I'm staying at, I only have a few things tomorrow morning, and 1 on Monday morning to take care of so I'm going to Milehicon, this wasn't intended. The admin at work was complaining to me that the guy in charge decided to go to a more exspensive hotel just because there is a scifi con going on there. So I checked it out and CarolBerg, Delint, Elizabeth Moon, and L EModesitt is there , along with artist Bob Eggleton, I'm not spending money there other than the con Membership as long as I stay away from the art room. Must save for World Fantasy.
Well I was wondering what I was going to do Denver, now I know.

By Cheryl on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 07:13 am: Edit Post

Hi Bruce, Carol's been talking about that con in her group. Tell me how it is. I think she's excited to have won or be up for the award for something special in Denver for Song of the Beast. Have fun there and are you still going to WFC. hope so.