Archive through July 01, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Book Nook: Archive through July 01, 2005
   By neilw on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 08:17 am: Edit Post

Anna :-)

I read(?) once that there are 2 things one can find everywhere in the world:

1) Coca cola
2) Michael Jackson t-shirt

I think that a Harry Potter book is shortly to become no. 3 :-)

By Laurence J Johnson on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 06:05 pm: Edit Post

Hello everyone, well, I have finished Anselm Audley's HERESY, it's well written, though there are a number of printing errors throughout the book.

It's worth reading, according to what's written about this author in the book, he is now only 23 years old, in my opinion he will improve with age.

I will start the second part of this trilogy soon, it's called INQUISITION, I have yet to obtain the third part, which is called CRUSADE. Skol from Laurence.

By Sandtiger on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 03:16 pm: Edit Post

I just got a copy of the Women of War anthology. (From Bakka - the Manager called me the second it arrived).

So far I am enjoying it. I've even managed *not* to flip right to my story. I am trying to read it like any other book.

Sandtiger

By Cheryl Detmer on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 08:45 pm: Edit Post

Thanks exciting Jana. When do you think the stores will get it in the US? I hope soon.

By Cheryl Detmer on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 08:45 pm: Edit Post

I meant that's exciting Jana. I wrote thanks instead. lol

By Sandtiger on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 05:29 am: Edit Post

Cheryl,

I imagine it should be out in the US anytime. I know one person who has already found a copy. Technically the release date is next week, so I'd say start looking then - anything earlier is just luck.

Sandtiger

By Trys on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 06:07 am: Edit Post

quote:

So far I am enjoying it. I've even managed *not* to flip right to my story. I am trying to read it like any other book.

I never do that with anthologies, I always look over the author names and then read them in the order I want to read them. :-)

Trys

By Cheryl Detmer on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 07:17 am: Edit Post

That's what I do too Trys. I just read the ones I want to read first and the stories that sound the best. You are good to read it in order Sandtiger. lol Thanks I'll start looking next week. It was very special to get that book from you at WFC last year Jana. Thanks again for the autographs in it. Love it and your story makes it even more special.

By Sandtiger on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 07:59 am: Edit Post

Julie Czerneda once told me that she, and most editors, take special care in picking the order stories go in for an anthology. Every since then, I've always tried to read stories in order - so I can get a sense of their rationale.

Most people I know do read their prefered authors first - and I don't blame them. ::laugh:: But I also wanted to see how my story fits - and I figured the best way of doing that was reading them in order.

Sandtiger

By Cheryl Detmer on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 11:43 am: Edit Post

Oh I didn't realize that. That is interesting. I'll have to try to read them in order then but I'm in the habit of going by favorite author now. lol I'm not a big short story person but there are exceptions. lol I need to read some more short stories.