Accents

Janny Wurts Chat Area: General Discussion: Accents
   By Tygrr on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 08:38 pm: Edit Post

So, there is a definite difference between the manner of speech of clanborn versus townborn. So would this be more like the difference between a southern accent and a midwest accent, or American English and British English? Or am I just wayyyy off? I would really appreciate any other thoughts on this.

By Zorana Lewis on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 12:23 pm: Edit Post

The way I've always interpreted it, is more say 'Queen's English' and a more colloquial English, for example, a Yorkshire accent, which is worlds apart.

Guess that could just be me though.

By Trys on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 02:35 pm: Edit Post

I've always thought that the clanborn accent is closer to Paravian than the townborn accent... given that the clans still speak Paravian and many/most of the town people probably do not. :-)

By Tygrr on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 05:15 pm: Edit Post

Thanks for your opinions, I just wanted to hear the dialog in my head properly!!! LOL!!!

By motley on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 04:16 pm: Edit Post

I think Janny describes the Clan accent as far more clipped and ennunciated, whereas the townborn is more slurred with sloppy vowels - Lysaer makes a comment in the beginning of COTM that after a few drinks, and they'd be able to fit in with the locals.

I like the idea of the Clanborn's accent deriving from Paravian. :-) But then sure, wouldn't that be more sing-song like an Irish/Scots accent? *grin*

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: