WordPress Blog

Janny Wurts Chat Area: General Discussion: WordPress Blog
   By Trys on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 04:28 pm: Edit Post

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with setting up a WordPress blog? I'm looking into this and finding the documentation to be rather circular and expecting that you know things that currently I don't.

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 02:58 pm: Edit Post

If anybody has any experience, here, it would really help out!

By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 05:55 pm: Edit Post

I have one and I've set one up, but I don't know that I'd call it "experience." Do you have a specific question?

By Trys on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 06:30 am: Edit Post

Kirsten,

I'm finding creating a theme to be very challenging. I've ordered a book and just downloaded a software package to try and help with this. Did you create your own theme and/or take an existing theme and change it to be what you wanted?

Trys

By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 02:06 pm: Edit Post

No, I didn't go that far. As you've already found out, it's really complicated. Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

By Trys on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 04:27 pm: Edit Post

Kirsten,

No problem :-)

Trys

By Brian Uri! on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 05:27 pm: Edit Post

I've used hosted Wordpress blogs in the past, but have never installed the package itself on any of my servers. If you ever need an extra set of uneducated eyes, I'd be glad to assist. I believe the Wordpress forums over on wordpress.org are fairly comprehensive as well.

Do I smell a new site feature? ;)

By Trys on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 06:08 pm: Edit Post

Brian,

You may very well smell a new site feature. :-)

I've successfully installed the software on the server where paravia is hosted and that was very easy. It's the theme stuff that is tough. It doesn't help that I don't know PHP... yet.

Trys

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: